Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Velo Orange Pedals



There are not that many choices these days in classy, traditional pedals. Velo Orange recently stepped into the gap with a new pair of polished body, chrome caged, sealed bearing pedals for under $50. I was enticed and ordered a set just after the holidays. They don't disappoint. Photos here are with MKS toe clips and Christophe straps. I've now been riding on the pedals for over a month and they are really smooth, extremely comfortable items. The difference between the previous high quality Maillard pedals that I was riding and these is night and day. I have rather large feet and having a pedal with enough width to make my foot feel comfortable is worth a lot.

In all I love them. They look great, and at the price you can't beat them.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I saw your comment about theft-proof skewers on the velo orange blog. Peter White Cycles has great ones from Germany that have come with a special keyed nut and socket. You have to carry the socket and an open-end wrench, though. I've had them on my Ebisu commuter for a few years now, and I don't mind carrying the tools on that. They're lighter than a cable. I saw similar locking skewers at REI but they weren't as nice looking. The VO ones with a special allen key don't sound quite as safe, since one key fits all. Good luck!

K Matthias said...

I have now been riding on these pedals for a year and they are just awesome. Gone are my bearing problems and they just keep spinning smoothly. I am up to two sets on different bikes now.

 
insuranceusa.com
insuranceusa.com