Tuesday, September 25, 2007

531 DB for Me

I got it! Trawling Craigslist finally paid off. This morning I went and picked up a 1976 Raleigh Competition frame! It has a dented top tube, but is otherwise in good condition. This one has Huret dropouts on the frame and fork. I may investigate getting the dented tube replaced, but I have no idea how much that will cost. It's rideable and straight as is. I'm now not sure about the fate of the Fuji America I picked up the other day. The Fuji is a bit small for me. I'll strip it down to take to the powder coater and we'll see how it compares to the Raleigh. Either way the Raleigh stays. Pics when I return from nearly two weeks of vacation... in England. :)

2 comments:

c-steve said...

Have a nice vacation!
Steve

K Matthias said...

Vacation was great! I'm back now and will be posting more cool stuff this weekend. Cheers! --Karl

 
insuranceusa.com
insuranceusa.com